The Shakespeare 4 Free, 4 Ever! Endowment Campaign is a unique campaign by the Baltimore Shakespeare Factory to raise $750,000 to bring yearly FREE Shakespeare performances to the Greater Baltimore area beginning April 2016.
Shakespeare 4 Free 4 Ever! will make the Factory a valuable resource to the community and a destination for classical theatre in the mid-Atlantic region. It will enable us to expand our educational outreach (classroom performances, field trips, residencies, etc.) and create new partnerships with the community.
Our goal is to expand regional enjoyment of Shakespeare exponentially by removing the ultimate barrier to entry: cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Baltimore Shakespeare Factory?
- The Baltimore Shakespeare Factory (the “Factory”) is a classical theatre company dedicated to bringing the works of Shakespeare to life for audiences of ALL ages and backgrounds. The Factory encompasses a professional acting company (the Factory Players), workshops, summer camps and fully staged productions.
- Who are the Factory Players?
- The Factory Players, in residence at the Great Hall of St. Mary’s Community Center in Hampden, is an ensemble professional theatre company devoted to staging high-quality, audience-friendly, accessible productions of Shakespeare’s work
- What Makes the Factory so Important?
- It is our belief that Shakespearean theatre shouldn’t be boring, inaccessible, or expensive. We like to have fun!In the spirit of known Shakespearean staging conditions, the Factory focuses on (1) text work for maximum clarity, (2) audience interaction for a unique viewer experience, and (3) the use of modern music to help contextualize our shows. By removing the intimidation factor, we hope to bring Shakespeare to diverse and ever-expanding audiences.